Landscaping in Raleigh – August Checklist
1. Container Plants – The hot conditions of summer can be tough on potted plants. Be sure you are checking them daily and watering them as needed. This may mean you need to water them daily to prevent wilting. Because water drains quicker through container plants so do the nutrients in the soil. Frequent watering also means frequent feeding. Be sure you are giving your plant some fertilizer to keep them healthy and happy.
2. Fall Bulbs – If you plan on having fall bulbs, now is the time to plant them. Set the bulbs in well-drained soil at a depth twice their width.
3. Summer Pruning – Now is a good time to prune over-grown hollies and other woody shrubs.
4. Watering – Dry spells can injure even established trees and shrubs. Be prepared to water them should drought conditions occur. You can use a soaker hose or drip irrigation system to help facilitate watering.
5. Creating Your Outdoor Living Area – It is also a good time to think about how you want to get the most use out of the outdoor space you have. Creating a comfortable outdoor living area will have you spending more time outside enjoying your landscape or having guests over for a barbeque night and can raise your property value. Whatever your reason, we can help you create the outdoor living area you have been looking for.
For all of your landscaping needs, contact DesignScapes today at 919-844-3441, email@example.com, or use our contact form.