The new year brings about many new changes. Some of those could include making improvements to your home and raleigh landscaping in order to sell your home. Most buyers are looking for homes that come with beautiful landscapes. According to HGTV, an attractive and well-maintained landscape can add as much as 10 percent to the value of your home. Therefore, in order to make good changes, you must first look at your house as a potential buyer.
The one thing you want to avoid is doing nothing. Putting a little time, effort, and money into a raleigh landscaping project can turn out to be well worth the investment when it comes time to officially sell your house.
Ideally you will want to begin to clean-up and spruce-up your landscape a few months before you plan to show your house. This will give you time to take care of things that may take a little more time. It will also help you avoid giving the impression that you waited until the last minute to get things in order.
Here are a few quick tips:
– Spruce Up Outdoor Containers – Placing containers around doorways can add interest where buyers will be entering and exiting the house. This can go a long way in improving the house’s appeal.
– Plant Seasonal Color – This will instantly add interest to the landscape. Colors pop out and flats of annuals are usually relatively inexpensive. You can go with a splash of one or several colors, whatever will good best with your house’s scheme.
– Mulch Those Beds! – Mulching always immediately improves the look of a landscape. Fresh mulch adds a fresh look that enhances the plantings appearance and makes everything stand out.
– Prune Trees and Shrubs – It is a good idea to have your trees and shrubs neatly pruned. This will leave the landscape with a clean appearance.
– Tend to Perennial Beds – Again, you will want to tidy up perennial beds and replace any plants that do not look good. You will also want to clean up any other debris or unsightly plants that can detract from the beauty of the landscape.
If you are considering selling your home, DesignScapes would like to recommend Mike Regan & Co. Mike and his associates are talented at what they do and dedicated to their clients. They are truly a pleasure to work with. You can visit his website at www.reganco.com.
DesignScapes can help you get your Raleigh Landscaping ready to sell. Our expert approach will have your landscape looking better than ever! Call us today at 919-844-3441 or use our contact form here.