June Checklist for Raleigh Landscaping
1. Annual Flowers – Annuals provide beautiful color to your Raleigh landscaping. When blooms have faded, be sure to pinch them off to keep the plant blooming throughout the season.
2. Divide Bulbs – If your daffodils or tulips did not bloom well this spring, perhaps they are overcrowded. Carefully dig them up and replant them about 6-8 inches apart in a sunny, well-drained spot or store them in a cool, dry place until fall.
3. Fertilizer – Now is the time to fertilize annuals and perennials, as well as shrubs. Avoid getting fertilizer on the foliage.
5. Mulch and Irrigation – Mulch your shrubs, trees, and plant beds to help conserve moisture and moderate soil temperatures during summer days. Consider installing a drip tubing irrigation system to efficiently water beds.
6. Weeds – Be sure you are controlling weeds in your Raleigh landscaping beds. Weeds can choke out flowers and plants in your beds.
DesignScapes if equipped and ready to help you with all of your landscaping needs. Give us a call today at 919-844-3441 or visit our contact form here to schedule your appointment today!