Raleigh Landscaping – May Checklist
1. Aphids – These little critters are a common problem throughout Raleigh Landscaping. Wilting or discolored new growth are common signs of aphids. Spraying with insecticidal soap or a good blast of water from the garden hose are two safe, easy controls. The key to keeping them at bay is to keep their numbers down. This means persistence. Checking plants every couple of days for signs and treating as soon as the critters are spotted are two good practices to begin.
2. Bedding Plants – For pops of seasonal color, consider adding flowering plants, such as salvia or marigolds. There are many beautiful types of perennials and annuals that do well in Raleigh Landscaping. DesignScapes can assist you in adding just the right plants for the look you want.
3. Chrysanthemums – Let your mums bloom before cutting them back for fall flower displays.
4. Shrubs – If you planted shrubs early in the Spring, they probably need another feeding. Apply the appropriate fertilizer and the correct amount per plant.
5. Container plants – An easy way to add curb appeal and color to your house is to add container plants. There are many different combinations of annual flowers, ornamental shrubs, and herbs that can spruce up a container and your landscaping. DesignScapes is happy to help you with all plant combinations for added curb appeal and color.
Every month we post a checklist of things you can be doing to help maintain your Raleigh landscaping. As we move further into Spring, there is much more to do than we can list here. Our team can help you maintain your Raleigh landscaping year-round. Call us today at 919-844-3441 or use our contact form hereto see how DesignScapes can help make a difference in your yard.