April Raleigh Landscaping Checklist
1. Azaleas – These shrubs are a beautiful way to add color to your Raleigh landscaping. Depending on the selection, azaleas can range from 2-12 feet in both height and spread. View our feature on Encore Azaleas by clicking here.
2. Leaf Drop – Southern Magnolias naturally shed their leaves at this time of year, so do not think anything is wrong with your trees if there are many leaves on the ground. Gardenias may also shed leaves now. Water and fertilize both Gardenias and Magnolias to encourage new growth and summer blooms.
3. Perennials – This is a good time to divide perennials. Be sure to replant at the same depth as before and water frequently.
4. Mowing – The grass is growing, so mowing will soon begin if it has not already. Always use take precautions to safely mow your yard.
5. Frost – This is still an issue this time of year in our Raleigh Landscaping area. The average frost-free date is in the middle of April, so be ready to protect sensitive plants from frost at least until then.
While these are just a few tips to help you with your Raleigh Landscaping this April, our custom, talented landscaping team is ready to help you design and install your dream garden! Give us a call today at 919-844-3441 or visit our contact page here. Discover the DesignScapes difference!