February Checklist for your Raleigh Landscaping
1. This is a good month to apply pre-emergent weed killer to your lawn. This procedure must be done carefully, so as not to kill your Raleigh landscaping lawn.
2. February is also a good time to fertilize your perennials and shrubs. You can use a packaged fertilizer. However, if you have a good supply of nutrient-rich compost, use it instead.
3. A compost pile can be convenient and provide organic matter for planting beds. You can start your own by purchasing a compost bin at a local garden center or making your own bin with different containers. Put the container where you wish and sprinkle with fertilizer each time a 2-foot layer of garden refuse is added. Keep the pile moist and the material will compost within a season.
4. If you enjoy birds, now is a good time to install bird feeders. You can watch the parade of migratory birds passing through your Raleigh Landscaping garden all spring.
5. This is the perfect season to prune your plants, summer-flowering trees, and shrubs. Pruning actually invigorates your plants by forcing new sprouts to grow. Remove dead or diseased branches/leaves first. Cut others just above a bud that points in the direction you want the branch to grow.
6. It may be hard to believe, but now is the time to sow your vegetable seeds. You can make the most of the growing season by starting early. You can start by sowing carrots, English peas, beets, and kale, to name a few.
Spring is coming! Let DesignScapes help you ready your Raleigh landscape. Our talented team will help you design and install the landscape of your dreams that you can enjoy for years to come! Give us a call today at 919-844-3441 or use our convenient contact form here.